Saturday, July 29, 2023

For Days - seeking further insight

I've been so tempted to buy a 'Take Back' bag from the brand For Days just to declutter my torn/moth-holed clothes and scraps of rags that I can't otherwise donate. But something in my gut is holding me back because I just want to make sure it's going to a legit recycling process. They are constantly bringing A+ to their marketing as their ads always pop up on my instagram when I'm watching stories/scrolling. But I don't know how honest and great they are past their marketing...

I'm suspect of two things that have been a red flag in my eyes:

  1. They never post photos or reels on their instagram of their actual recycling process. But they post frequently other random marketing posts. Other legit places trying to help the planet such as 4Ocean constantly show transparency of their clean-up and recycling processes.
  2. I took a peak at their employee reviews on Glassdoor (the job review website) and only 3 current/past employees have posted a review with 2 of the 3 giving a 1 star sharing that there's no true recycling and that the company is really good at greenwashing. How disheartening. I can only take that stuff with a grain of salt but who would falsely post that if at least there's not a portion of truth?

I really want to get rid of my stuff 'the right way' that I've been hanging onto for way too long but am weary that the For Days process isn't any different than just dumping my stuff in my own trash bin. I don't care about the 'credit' you get after you purchase a bag... I just want to get rid of my scraps responsibly. Does anybody else have any other insight on this company or have used them before for the same reasons?



Submitted July 29, 2023 at 03:09AM by Coastlinephoto https://ift.tt/WCnbsGA

No comments:

Post a Comment