Wednesday, July 5, 2023

sustainable acid wash denim?

Hi all, I haven't bought new jeans in probably about 10 years but I'm really digging the revival of acid wash, except that it's a finish usually achieved with potassium permanganate, or PP, which is incredibly toxic to both workers and the environment. I've been trying to find PP-free "acid wash" jeans and.... failing.

I've found a bunch of press releases about new alternative acid wash technologies in the last 3-4 years: Officina+39 and their Oz-One Powder; Crescent Bahümàn and their Blue Infinity dye process; Soko and their Lumia method of mimicking acid wash. But I'm not finding any brands that are actually using these new technologies yet.

Anyone know of brands that are using these chemicals/techniques? Or is it just truly that none of them have been adopted into actual consumer products yet?



Submitted July 05, 2023 at 02:40PM by wakaflockaquokka https://ift.tt/4ShsjfA

No comments:

Post a Comment