Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Why do sustainable clothes look terrible on me?

I have been trying to get into sustainable fashion because I want my clothing to last longer and not be as terrible for the planet, but I'm running into a speedbump. I tried ordering shorts from a couple brands (Pact and Outerknown), spent the time to measure myself and use their sizing charts, and when they finally shipped to me both shorts don't flatter me at all even though the pictures on the website looked alright.

Not trying to be too sassy about this (though not going to lie I'm pretty frustrated given the shorts from Outerknown in particular were NOT cheap), but am I supposed to accept looking grungy if I want to shop sustainable? I wish there were local sustainable stores so I could better see what these articles of clothing look like on my body before I buy, but it seems like all of them are either online-only or are nowhere near my location. Was never a huge online shopper in the first place and only tried it because I wanted to make a difference, feeling really bummed out about the whole situation.



Submitted July 12, 2023 at 08:36PM by SwivelPress https://ift.tt/hzpA7nX

No comments:

Post a Comment