Thursday, August 17, 2023

For Days - Take Back Bag

lets talk about this... I was bombed on Instagram about "For Days Take Back Bag." You pay $20 and they give you a bag to fill up with old recycled fabrics and they give you $20 back in "Closet Cash."

I caved and I bought two bags since I had a pile of old sheets and clothes lying in my garage I didn't know what to do with...I felt kinda weird after I purchased it.. I wasnt really getting a discount... I already paid them $40 for these recycling bags. If I never used their "Closet Cash" or purchased anything from their website, I'm still short $40. If i never recycled anything and just kept the bags, I'm still short $40.. Seems like I just gave them $40.

I think this is a total scam preying on my environmental guilt, to buy clothing on their website. I could have easily found a local recycling center online or shelter to donate these old sheets and fabrics.

Now I'm forced to buy something from their website.... They have pretty infographics that seem like theyre a company doing good for the environment with texts like this:

" Since 2018, we’ve recycled 4 tons of used For Days clothing. These are currently being made into 100% Closed Loop Collections, which will be launching soon. "

...ok its 2023. where is this line?

" 10% of all returned For Days oldies are resold"

..ok what is an OLDIE? i dont see a used section in their website.

anyway.. I'm done with my thoughts.. Their "Circular fashion" concept is just plain ole consumerism IMO. let me know yours.



Submitted August 17, 2023 at 12:56PM by Electronic-Smell-951 https://ift.tt/89akEMN

No comments:

Post a Comment