Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Snatch buttons or donate?

Hi peeps I have a dilemma.

I have this white blazer with a red wine stain on it, that is almost, but not completely gone. I barely wore it before the stain in the first place, and I don’t find the fit flattering on me… So either way, I want to get rid of it.

I like to make garments myself through various methods and thought about just snatching the buttons off of it for a future project but I have no desire to keep it around for the fabric, even though it’s a sturdy material.

The issue is that I feel it’s a waste of a very decent blazer that I’m sure someone else could get many years of use out of, given they could bleach the stain out. (Or I could do it.)

So my question is, if you were me, would you donate the blazer in it’s entirety or would you take the buttons and trash the rest? Third option?

(I guess this is kind of a collectivism vs. Individualism question?)



Submitted October 25, 2023 at 01:08PM by yadayada__ https://ift.tt/duVaKhC

No comments:

Post a Comment