Saturday, November 11, 2023

Buying new sustainable long-lasting new clothes vs. Thrifting

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask your opinion as I coudn't find much information online on this kind of sustainability trade-off.

I need to buy some staple clothes for my wardrobe and I am hesitating what to buy.

On one hand, I'd like to buy second hand but most of the time there is always a catch (fit isn't great, style is outdated, minor defects, etc). Oftentimes I end up not wearing it much.

On the other, I could buy highstreet brands but at least I can choose the style, quality and tend to keep these 5+ years.

1) What is the truly sustainable choice here?

I know there are other options but these are the main ones available for me at the moment.

2) How do you decide what to shop and from where? (ex. running shoes only new from reputable sports brands, etc.).

Thanks!



Submitted November 11, 2023 at 05:02AM by Curious_wanderer_02 https://ift.tt/yKXUHE2

No comments:

Post a Comment