Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Is it okay to shop on Poshmark?

I recently saw an IG reel that said that if everyone in the world limited themselves to buying only 5 pieces of new clothes a year, we would be much more likely to offset the impacts of climate change (there was a more specific metric but I don’t remember it). I definitely want to limit my shopping to secondhand, since most brands I can afford to buy new are fast fashion. I was wondering if it was ethical to shop on Poshmark. Although they’re a secondhand retailer, they still do shipping, and they’re a big company. I don’t feel as comfortable shopping at in person thrift stores since I live in a city rife with income inequality and there are unhoused people who should have easy access to these clothes instead of me. I also like to search things on Poshmark so I’m buying stuff that I know I want.

TL;DR: If I want to buy only 5 new garments this year, should I limit myself when it comes to sites like Poshmark?



Submitted January 10, 2024 at 12:27PM by Luigi-The-Weenie https://ift.tt/ch3mBdU

No comments:

Post a Comment