Monday, January 8, 2024

What do you think about people that don't mind shopping fast fashion because "the environmental impact won't effect them in their lifetime"?

I have an acquaintance that shops at Temu and that told me about ordering there. I was quite taken aback because I heard terrible things about the company (besides the fast fashion aspect and them being the same as Shein), e.g. bank datas are stolen after purchasing from them. I'm not a person to judge others or to lecture them, it would be quite straining to do this with every person that has the same mindset. But I find it interesting that the person said they don't really care about the environmental issues, since they won't affect them in their lifetime. I already had met people like this where they were like "So what? It's not my problem. I'll be dead by then". So how do you act in those situation? I feel like it's not my place to judge at the same time I'm taken aback. I only try to set an good example by telling people about how the people making those clothes are barely getting any pay and that there are other ways to get clothes. E.g. I love clothes swap parties and also brining my old clothes that I don't wear anymore to those events for other people to give it a new life. Or looking for clothes that high quality, that are expensive but you'll probably wear for your whole lifetime and maybe even pass on for your next generation.



Submitted January 08, 2024 at 06:50PM by forgottencupcake9018 https://ift.tt/j7SOVm1

No comments:

Post a Comment