Sunday, February 18, 2024

You can just give things away

Okay for more seasoned sustainable fashionistas this will be very obvious. But I feel like actually not a lot of people do this.

You can literally just give things away. Fast fashion resale is very difficult and often people don't sell things because "This was cheap to begin with, I've tried selling things before, and nobody ever buys it." So they end up donating them or chucking them out. I've been super guilty of this. I used to put my clothes in donation bins and probably none of it ever ended up in an op shop (thrift store).

If you have fast fashion items you bought before you started getting into sustainable fashion, that no longer fit you/aren't right for you anymore/you no longer wear, you can just list them on fb marketplace for free. 9 times out of 10 someone will want it, and if it's free they will come pick it up from you. Contactless, easy, and saves the item from going straight to the dump!

Very obvious to some people but I feel like it doesn't get done enough. I'm happy that I've found a low effort way to regift some items that no longer work for me, but have little to no resale value.



Submitted February 18, 2024 at 04:02AM by VegetableWin5891 https://ift.tt/2hE7OPv

No comments:

Post a Comment