Thursday, March 14, 2024

Help with making my clothes last longer!! I’m getting desperate.

I have this linen dress I’ve been wear constantly to work almost everyday and sometimes on the weekends to, for about seven months. I’ve had to make one darn repair under the arm. The wear and tear appears to be coming from my bra as the rest of the garment is in great condition. I can see that the fabric under the arm is starting to wear thin. I need help and suggestions on how to stop, prevent, and fix this issue. I want my clothes to last as long as possible and I’m fine with this dress acting as a trial run for ideas on maintaining my clothes but want to help prevent any wear that I can on all my other clothing and for things in the future. I’d love to hear any suggestions you have for fixing this. Should I take it to my seamstress and get the arms reinforced before I get a hole in it?

I don’t own a lot of clothing and only shop slow and sustainably, I do plan on ordering another of this dress, because it’s my all time favourite piece of clothing and I have a tendency to wear my clothing to death.

Ideas of things I’m looking for but I’m open to much more! -washing methods, care supplies. -darning advice, how to know and what to know. -bra suggests (that’s not Victoria secret). -your experiences with things similar to this. -how you personally care for your natural fibre clothes.



Submitted March 14, 2024 at 10:59PM by gildedbutterflies333 https://ift.tt/IRnMXDd

No comments:

Post a Comment