Saturday, March 23, 2024

Old scarf needs a facelift

I thrifted a scarf several years ago and I love it to death. I wear it close to every day for six months of the year, and it is one of my favorite pieces. I put it in this morning and my mom said that it was looking a little ratty- I looked closer than just seeing my love for it, and yeah- it looks pretty ratty. The edges on the long sides are coming unraveled a little bit, the tassel bits are untwisting and stretching oddly, and the whole thing just looks… worn.

I don’t want to buy a new scarf, but I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to refresh it.

My current plans include taking a fabric/pill trimmer over it to freshen up the fabric itself, but if anyone has tips for the edges, that would be great! (I have sewing experience if that matters, and know how to both crochet and knit)



Submitted March 23, 2024 at 08:52PM by princetofbone https://ift.tt/R1dK5Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment