Saturday, April 27, 2024

Small businesses who just resell off of Aliexpress drive me crazy

It’s shocking and sad how many of them there are, and i feel like it’s a bit misleading because the second someone sees “small business” they assume ethically made. I know that’s not true but i wish more people did. Or maybe they know and don’t care.

I just came across a tiktok of this girl going “my heart breaks a little when i hear ‘i spent $100 on one bikini’ when my small biz has $40 super cute bikinis for the whole set”

And everyone left a million comments being like JUST BOUGHT ONE OMG. The brand took their own photos but i just looked up “pink bikini” on Aliexpress and immediately found one of their exact designs. The price didn’t sit right w me, sustainable brands usually are at least $90-$100 for the top and bottom separately.

I’m sure you guys are already aware of this, being on the sustainability subreddit and all, but BUYER BEWARE if they don’t have an about page that states very clearly where their products are made, even if they do, i always search. To me, brands like this are such a waste of space.



Submitted April 27, 2024 at 03:16PM by macarongrl98 https://ift.tt/34V2vyc

No comments:

Post a Comment