Tuesday, July 20, 2021

What are some basic characteristics you expect from true sustainable fashion brands that Big brands don't get?

What are some non-negotiable/non-compromisable aspects you look for when buying from a sustainable fashion brand? I see a lot of big fast fashion brands getting into sustainable fashion but it seems like they are only greenwashing (ex. H&M)

I am from India, where fast fashion is huge, and sustainable fashion knowledge is almost non-existent in the general public, and the options are limited. I decided to start my own venture in sustainability.

I want to know more about what characteristics do people expect from reputable ethical and sustainable fashion brands, including (but not limited to) inclusivity when it comes to sizes, diversity when it comes to types and designs of clothing, etc.

I am looking into buying bulk scraps and turning them into some clothes I would enjoy wearing and make them ready-to-wear (small production line), done locally by buying scraps from local vendors and hiring local tailors to produce the end product.

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on greenwashing, true sustainability, the business of sustainable fashion, pricing, etc.



Submitted July 20, 2021 at 09:06AM by Ganja_n https://ift.tt/3kyI8gE

No comments:

Post a Comment