Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Best Fabrics and Environmental Anxiety

Before I start, yes I mostly do charity/thrift shopping and yes I try to buy only what I need. Most of my basics in my wardrobe are bamboo or sustainable cotton that I use until they are unuseable.

I'm really struggling to come to a decision about what fabrics I should and shouldn't spend money on- and even if there are NO perfect answers, I could do with some advice on how you others make the decision. For context I have severe anxiety with several neurodivergency diagnoses so I worry about everything single decision I make to the point of sometimes physical exhaustion and pain.

I just bought a jumper that I really like thats 50% recycled, but after I got home I started thinking about how it's polyester so even then the fibres will go into the wash, and maybe RPet isn't even that much better long term anyway. But that of course 100% natural wool has it's problems too, and is just generally harder to find available for purchase. I've spent two days going deep on comparison articles about the best fabrics and I'm geniunely on the verge of meltdown I think, and bloody hell it's just a jumper. I'm thinking about further finishing my wardrobe with some linen trousers and shirts, so that's something that doesn't seem to be too bad at least. Is anyone else in the decision paralysis situation I am? Have you been before and got out of it? Do I just start wearing leaves and live in a cave drinking rainwater? It seems easier XD



Submitted November 24, 2021 at 06:23PM by merrirosie https://ift.tt/3nOvzii

No comments:

Post a Comment