Thursday, November 25, 2021

Is there such a thing as an ethical and sustainable Black Friday sale?

Once upon a time, I only bought clothes on sale. In my late teens, I loved nothing more than raiding the sale rack at Supré and digging through the bargain bin at City Beach, and I would save all year just to splurge on a shopping spree on Boxing Day. I used to be proud of the hauls I came home with, fast fashion binging on as much as I could with my little $100 kitty. It was less about what I bought and more about how much I could get.

In my early 20s, I was still addicted to sales, but I started dabbling in op-shopping. I was paying off a mortgage and working two jobs just to get by, so op-shopping was more of a necessity than a niche past time.

By my mid-20s, I was well on my way into the world of slow fashion, and I'd started educating myself on ethical wages and sustainable production. I was starting to understand quality over quantity, but I still had a fashion addiction. In 2016, I spent over $6500 on fashion and it pains me to share that. That's an overseas holiday or a Facebook marketplace car. My wardrobe spanned multiple rooms of the house, bags in storage, boxes under beds.

READ: https://thefashionadvocate.com/blogs/news/is-there-such-a-thing-as-an-ethical-and-sustainable-black-friday-sale

https://preview.redd.it/sntqwnrfrp181.png?width=1246&format=png&auto=webp&s=06c2575808c572c8cb8f8560e7d7d9629a7e7d4a



Submitted November 25, 2021 at 04:51AM by thefashionadvocate https://ift.tt/3DS7yN4

No comments:

Post a Comment