Tuesday, June 7, 2022

I just want to share my excitement at an upcoming sustainable purchase! I’m vibing with joy.

I’m buying a pair of dungarees and a dress from a very small creator on Instagram, and I’m so excited. She hand-makes, to measure, clothing for people, and what’s most exciting is that she uses thrifted fabric, mostly from sheet sets and duvet covers and similar. My dress is being made out of fabric from 1996, and the dungarees are being made from fabric from the late nineties as well. 💕

The dress and dungarees are a lot of money for me to spend, but I know they’re things I’m going to reach for multiple times a week. They’re made out of licensed bedding that has some of my favourite fictional characters on it, ones who spark joy in me on a primal level just to look at them. I’m hyped that old bedding is being given new life and kept out of a landfill, I’m excited to directly support a garment worker instead of buying from a fast fashion conglomerate, and I’m excited to have a piece of clothing that I know I’ll feel very happy and comfortable in.



Submitted June 07, 2022 at 10:09AM by babyredpandas https://ift.tt/LahsDHg

No comments:

Post a Comment