Friday, July 8, 2022

I've had so many sustainable fails lately I'm so bummed

I got a new pair of shoes from a company last summer that no longer seems to exist. I'm so bummed 'cause I bought a pair of shoes with interchangeable heels that don't really fit. They're slingbacks that slide of with every step. I had them on the lowest heel option and figured a slightly higher heel would tighten the back enough for them to stay on but now I can't do that.

I spent quite a lot of money on them, thinking I'd have really versatile shoes that I can wear to work and to fancy event but I ended up with a brand thats bankrupt and I can't buy new parts...or even wear the one pair I have cause they're cut wrong and wont stay on my feet.

I also bought a dress during the pandemic that I was looking forward to wearing. When I finally got to do so I realised it flashes all my lady bits (wrap dress) cause the front is cut too high. Can't return it, can't imagine anyone else would want to wear it, confused about the cut since its so weird...bummed about having one dress less in my closet (and where am I supposed to put this one??). I was really counting on that one and I've left so many similar ones on the racks at charity shops thinking I have one at home.

Ruined my white sneakers. I'm basically down to my trusty winter boots and a pair of flip flops. Nothing in-between and I'll be doing a lot of walking this summer. I'm looking at some mules or sandals but after the first shoe-disaster I'm so vary about buying anything I'll probably end up walking barefoot all year round.

Sorry about the rant and interruption. Back to phd research and thinly veiled brand advertisements.

Edit: Now I'm ever more bummed. I have another dress that I got hemmed and fixed and the first two times I wore it the fabric turned out to be so low-quality it's ruined where my bag rubbed against it (both on the hip and on the shoulder). It's Zara so not unhear of but wow, this is a new low. It was the last items I bought from them two years ago and now I'll for sure never buy anything.



Submitted July 08, 2022 at 04:05PM by the_slow_life https://ift.tt/UCvpMWa

No comments:

Post a Comment