Friday, July 8, 2022

Why is sustainable fashion considered durable?

Over the past year, I’ve been making a strong effort to make my wardrobe more sustainable. As such, I replaced a lot of my staples with sustainably made items. Even in the short timespan of a year, I’ve found that far more often than not, sustainable options are FAR less durable than their counterparts, sometimes very frustratingly so (see my recent post about Vejas sneakers).

If this is the case, why is sustainable fashion touted as being durable? So many resources would say things like “if you buy sustainable, it’ll be built well and will last longer” or other things to that effect. Obviously sustainable fashion is still a net good, but I can’t afford to replace things three times as often that are three times the price. I just feel like the notion that sustainable fashion is in any way comparatively durable is deceptive and should be curtailed.



Submitted July 08, 2022 at 10:33PM by kevs_thoughts https://ift.tt/L7BClIr

No comments:

Post a Comment